What a great summer recipe. Salmon is something my family and I love to eat and its easy to just throw on the grill. Are you a fan of avocado? Then this recipe is perfect for you! How do you like to prepare your salmon?
Via – Against All Grain
- 1½ to 2 pounds wild salmon fillets, boneless and skin on
- 3 teaspoons melted grassfed butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 large ripe mango, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Slice the salmon evenly into 4 to 6 smaller fillets.
- Combine the butter and all of the spices in a bowl. Rub all over both sides of the salmon. Leave at room temperature while the grill heats.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and store in the refrigerator while the fish cooks.
- Sear the salmon, skinless side down first. Close the grill lid. Cook 1-3 minutes on the first side, depending on how thick the fillets are. (Try not to move them until you are going to flip them over to help keep them in one piece.)
- Using tongs and a metal spatula in the other hand, carefully turn the fish over, so that the skin side is down, and reduce the heat to medium. For charcoal grills, finish cooking over indirect heat furthest from the coals.
- Close the grill lid and finish cooking for another 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Salmon should be just barely opaque and will start to flake along the center of the fillet when done.
- Serve hot with the mango-avocado salsa spooned over it.
- What a great summer recipe. Salmon is something my family and I love to eat and its easy to just throw on the grill. Are you a fan of avocado? Then this recipe is perfect for you! How do you like to prepare your salmon?