These Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are packed-full of flavor and nutrition but are completely grain and oil free. They will quickly become your new favorite Spring treat for healthy snacking on the go.
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (paleo-friendly)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- juice, 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- zest, 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or silicone liners or grease well and divide batter evenly among wells.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, watching carefully to not burn (unlike I did…).
- Remove from oven and let cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container on the counter.