After a long and amazing weekend with my friends and family I am ready to finally get back on track. We went to several BBQs, dinners and fully enjoyed ourselves. One of the hardest transitions for so many moms is getting ready for school, planning dinners and getting organized. I have learned from the past that preparation is key to success. Fail to plan and that is exactly what will happen.
So what are some good tips to getting back on track after the summer and holiday?
1. Make sure you write out what your personal goals are. It can be simple. I want to lose weight, tone up, get back to working out X amount of time. Whatever it is. Write it out on a piece of paper and place it somewhere you will see!
2. Plan exactly what workouts you will be doing and when. Time is extremely hard to find. I always say I do not have time, I MAKE time. With two kids and working its important to make at least 30minute of time. For me that time in the morning. I set my alarm at 5:50am and get up. I am ready and doing my workout right in my living room 6-630 then prep for the day and answer some emails. TODAY was difficult to get up! BUT write it down and before your mind knows whats doing get out of bed!!!! (Tips SLEEP WITH YOUR WORKOUT CLOTHES OUT, Lay them out, Have your socks in your shoes. Keep the prep time to get ready under 5minutes!)
3. Organize Meals. Make a list and get to the grocery store. Plan out your breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. If its written down you are much more likely to get it done. GO ahead and use the one I have here! All the recipes are found under my RECIPES Page.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY: finding others who want to help you with your goals and keep you accountable. I couldn’t do half what I do without the support from my Facebook challenge groups!!! I’ll help connect you to those people, message me anytime!!! Click the Picture below to send me a Friends Request on Facebook
5. JOIN A CHALLENGE GROUP: Want some support and motivation to help you get back on track? The next Challenge we are running is September 15th. We will give you the tools you need to succeed and support and motivation along the way! We can workout all we want, but if we don’t focus on our clean eating and nutrition then its back to square one.
Apply for my next 21 Day Fix Challenge! (PS This program is the MONTHLY Promotion and discounted this month!)
Dinner tonight! Prep Time 5minutes!
Turbo Fire Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
8oz whole kernel corn, canned
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
8oz black beans, canned
8oz pinto, chili, or kidney beans, canned
1tbsp tomato paste
1 pkg Lawrey’s Chili seasoning
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz. cheese, if desired.