Did you know that bananas may help improve your sleep? Bananas contain tryptophan – tryptophan is known to help your body become sleepy. It’s suggested that if you eat a banana before going to bed at night that it might be able to help your body to relax so that you can rest easier. Bananas are also packed with fructooligosaccharide, a good bacteria that helps protect us from unhealthy infections and helps you to absorb calcium.
Bananas are also terrific aids in digestion. This fruit is rich in pectin which helps you to digest your food and it helps to chelate toxins and heavy metals from you body. They are also a natural antiacid. Bananas can help provide relief from heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux.
Read on to learn how you can take this delicious fruit and make it into a yummy treat for the whole family!
Photo via Honeybee Homemaker
- ½ cup honey
- 1 stick organic, unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3- 4 bananas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (I found this at Walmart. Gold Medal brand)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter, honey, and eggs
- Mash bananas and beat into mixture
- In a separate bowl, stir baking soda and salt into greek yogurt (as you stir, it might fizz a little and turn into the
- consistency of mousse)
- Add greek yogurt mixture into muffin batter and mix well.
- Gradually add in flour. Stir until completely blended.
- Line 2 muffin trays with paper cupcake/muffin liners (to make 24 muffins total)
- Spoon in batter (about 2/3 full- I use an ice cream scooper for easy and even filling)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Cool before enjoying
Now that you know more about bananas how can you look at them in the same way! If you’re lucky enough to travel to a tropical environment, you have to try the tropical variety that is grown there. The taste is out of of this world! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning another to enjoy this amazing fruit.
To your health,